Tax Law Attorneys
- Tax Audits – Federal tax audits and examinations, resolving IRS administrative controversies before they get to court, pre-controversy advice and counsel to prevent a civil matter from becoming criminal, IRS summonses and enforcement proceedings and filing protests with IRS Appeals. Available for both individuals and business entities.
- Civil Tax Litigation — Tax litigation and tax refund litigation in the United States District Court and United States Tax Court, including pre-trial settlements, filing Petitions in United States Tax Court in response to a Notice of Deficiency, and negotiating settlements with IRS Appeals.
- IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program and Offshore Compliance Procedures — advising clients who wish to voluntarily report their offshore bank accounts and other foreign assets on various options, which include participating in the IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program, or one of the alternatives, such as the Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures, Delinquent FBAR Submission Procedures and Delinquent International Information Return Submission Procedures.
- IRS Voluntary Disclosures (Domestic/Non-Offshore) – advising clients who wish to voluntarily either amend their income tax returns to include previously unreported income or to correct improper deductions or credits; or to voluntary file tax returns for individuals who have not filed tax returns in many years. By coming forward to the IRS before they come to you, you may minimize civil penalties and avoid criminal charges.
- Installment Agreements and Offers in Compromise – Negotiation of alternative IRS payment methods, such as installment agreements and offers in compromise.
- Criminal Tax Litigation— defending clients who face criminal tax charges such as criminal tax fraud and providing false statements, tax evasion, helping individuals through pre-indictment administrative criminal tax investigations as well as representing clients in jury trials, appeals and subsequent civil tax disputes.
- Summons Enforcement Proceedings – defense against summons enforcement, or representation in the compliance with a summons from the IRS.
- Corporate and Business Tax Issues— working with businesses facing liability issues related to corporate tax issues, including trust fund recovery penalties, employment taxes and withholding issues.
- Payroll Tax and Backup Withholding – resolution of discrepancies resulting from inaccurate payroll taxes and withholdings on the Federal level.